- Applying insect repellant containing DEET, picaridin, oil of lemon-eucalyptus or IR3535 when outdoors and use as directed on the product label. Apply repellant over top of sunscreen, and reapply every four to six hours.
- Minimizing outside activity between dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are most active, though it is important to note that mosquitoes that transmit chikungunya are active throughout the day.
- Wearing long pants, long-sleeved shirts and closed-toe shoes when outdoors.
- Eliminating areas of standing water around the home including clogged gutters, birdbaths, flower pots, tires and kiddie pools or untreated pools. Mosquitoes need only half an inch of water to breed.
- Screening windows and doors, and patching torn screens.
How To avoid Mosquito Bites
- 13th August 2018
- Mosquitos, Pest Control
- Robert John
- no responses