Do you have termites? Louisiana termite Control Experts
Termites are known as “silent destroyers” due to their constant gnawing and ability to chew through wood, flooring and even wallpaper undetected. Termites can feed 24-hours a day, seven days a week and according to the NPMA, cause more than $5 billion in property damage each year – an expense typically not covered by homeowners insurance.
J&J Exterminating offers the following signs that termites may be present in a home:
- Mud tubes (used by termites to reach a food source) on the exterior of the home.
- Soft wood in the home that sounds hollow when tapped.
- Darkening or blistering of wood structures.
- Cracked or bubbling paint.
- Small piles of feces that resemble sawdust near a termite nest.
- Discarded wings near doors or on windowsills, indicating swarmers have entered the home or swarmers themselves, which are often mistaken for flying ants.
Homeowners who notice signs of these wood-destroying pests in and around their property should contact a pest professional who can best determine the extent of the problem and recommend a proper treatment plan
For more information on termites, please visit www.jjext.com and fill out the contact us form!